Tuesday, March 9, 2010

So long Turlock! This is my exit. . .

My MTC teacher warned me about this. He told me they would put me in an area, wait till I loved it, then rip my heart out. I thought he was exaggerating. If only I had listened. Transfer calls came in this last Saturday, and as I'm sure you have figured out by now, I'm leaving. I'm being transferred to the North Modesto Stake, in a place called Salida, which is Spanish for "Exit". It doesn't seem to be a very large town on a map, but I guess I'll find out for sure this Wednesday. Although I know the Lord is doing with me what he deems best, I can't help but be a little depressed at the prospect of leaving Turlock 2nd Ward. I had just gotten to know almost all the members, and come to love them, and had just gotten to know the Area to the point where I wouldn't need a map. But I know as long as I put my trust in the Lord, that he will never lead me astray, so it's time to make Salida my new home!

I'm also a little sad to be leaving Elder Asay. One of my biggest fears when coming to the field was that I would get a Trainer that wouldn't do a good job at teaching me, or that I wouldn't get along with. But Elder Asay is a weirdo (like me), and is more determined to make the best teacher possible, and more concerned for my well being than I though anybody here would be. It's absolutely amazing! But I've been told that my next companion is a really good missionary as well, so I don't imagine anything bad will come of it. I'm sure he and I will see each other again some day. If not in the mission field, then in some later day.

The work is going great. Just the other day we were teaching a part member family, whose Dad is a member, but hasn't been to church in over 20 years! After we sat down and started talking to them, he expressed a strong desire to have his wife and his 12 year old son baptized. That was so amazing to hear! We started teaching him, and we set a baptismal date with his son. It is so amazing to see the miracles that our father in heaven works, and to see the power of the spirit in action.

So unfortunately this week is a transfer week, meaning that I won't get any letters until next week. Oh well, I suppose I'll survive. I love you all (and I promise to send pictures this next week if possible!)

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment