Monday, July 25, 2011

Ohhhh say can you ski?

Cause I can't.

...But they were in Tahoe.

The rest of my 4th of July went great, and it included blowing things up, and a few illegal fireworks. For example: Two pistol petes, plus gatorade bottle, plus duct tape equals large explosion. Don't know if the neighbors appreciated it, but it was pretty awesome. Kind of like a dry ice, or the works bomb for those of you who have done it. That's a federal crime though....so you didn't hear it from me.

On wednesday we had the opportunity to meet our new mission president. All I can say is that I'm super excited to see what the next 6 months holds. He was a way of getting you worked up for work in a way that I suppose only 36 years of coaching Rugby and Football can do. He also met with each of us individually to get a feel for us. It just feels like he genuinely cares. Not that I ever felt that President Gonzalez didn't, but President Gelwix makes you feel like you're his favorite, and I bet he makes everyone feel that way. He also did away with the rule on parts in your hair, saying that "I always thought that was stupid". Oh yeah, we'll get along juuuust fine.

This morning we kicked off our preparation day by assisting in the cleaning of the temple. It was a pretty awesome experience. Bro. Christiansen and I teamed up, and got the best assignment, and that was vacuuming both sealing rooms, the endowment room, and the celestial room. It was an amazing experience. We also learned all about celestial bugs. Little bugs that get hit by the exterminator, and know were it was that they wanted to pass on. There were an awful lot in the celestial room....

I'm looking forward to the next 6 months, and I'm committed to making the best of them. Like president Gelwix told me, there aren't many tomorrows left, so I need to make the best of the ones I do have.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment