Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Carpet Cleaner and Cat Crap

I suppose the subject needs some explaining, though I feel its pretty self explanatory. First, some back story. For anyone who has missed out, we live in a finished attic that sits on top of a Garage, on a chicken farm just outside of Selma, CA. Well the members who own the farm also own a Cat (one of many) Named Dust Speck. Every now and then, this cat finagles its way into our apartment, which we usually don't mind too much. Lately we've been letting her in to escape from the cold, because the members that own her are also on a mission right now.

Well one night, Elder Giesey and I were debating on whether or not to let her stay in overnight (which wouldn't be the first time she had). We decided to let her stay in due to sheer laziness. What I didn't remember, was that Dust Speck had drank a bowl of milk left over from cereal that had been laying out for about 2 days. Apparently cats stomachs react about the same way humans do.

I woke up at about 3:00 am to some very unsightly sounds. Upon scrambling for a light switch I stepped in what I was hoping was a pile of Vomit. It wasn't. After forcefully removing the cat, I turned on a light to reveal several spots at which this cat had expelled her bowels. I then began to clean it up, which due to the fact that we had just run out of paper towels, meant using one of our good dish towels, and due to its tar like consistency, took me a little over an hour to clean. Being now fully awake, it took me a few more hours to fall back asleep. Fun night.

Other than fun adventures with cats who are no longer welcome in the apartment, this week has been, sadly, mostly uneventful. The work in this area has been mostly slow, and rumors are now moving that this area will be closed. Transfers are actually going to be this monday, instead of the usual wednesday due to a mission presidents seminar. Accordingly, my next preperation day will actually be on Saturday, in 4 days, so I'll try to keep everyone posted then.

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment