Monday, July 25, 2011

Goodbye, my Broadheaded friend

Transfer calls are in! Elder Broadhead is being transferred to Porterville 1st ward to be with one of my previous companions, Elder Robb, and his other companion, Elder Florinoui (no idea how to actually spell that). Turns out he's the odd man out in the mission, so he'll be living with the Zone Leaders until they can find him somebody to stay with. My new companions name is Elder Moore, and I don't know too much about him other than he's been out almost 5 months now. This also means I get 6 more months in the Riverside ward, which I won't complain about one bit.

This last few weeks we've really been evaluating not only the area, but ourselves as missionaries, and as Children of God in general. We've looked for ways that we could improve, and this last week had one of the best weeks of the transfer because of it. We don't always recognize how the little things can change our lives until we try them. The Lord revealed through Moroni that we won't recieve a witness until after the trial of our faith. That means that we may not see how doing better on the little things will help change us before we do it, but once we try it, we quickly realize that there is a connection, and we find ourselves improving.

Going into this next transfer will mark the start of my 14th transfer, with only 3 more to go afterwards. It will be over before I know it, and I want to make sure that I go out with a bang. I love and miss you all!

-- Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment