Monday, January 2, 2012

What more can [I] Say?

Than to you [I] have said? I'm drawing a blank. I guess I'll report on the week. It was a relatively uneventful week with new years and everything. Our teaching pool has dropped even lower, but even in all of that, we are still seeing blessings from the Lord. My companion, Elder Harper, said something rather profound. I believe it was inspired by a talk we watched with a family, "Pride and the Priesthood" by Dieter F. Uchtdorf. In that talk he was speaking of Humility, and he said "humility is not thinking less of yourself, its thinking less about yourself." Elder Harper made the connection that Even if he does his best, and sees no baptisms, he's just as blessed as the missionary who does his best and sees 100. The Lord does not bless based on results, but on effort given. The same way the lord does not necessarily bless the Rich man more than the Poor.

So no matter what our situation may be, if we give our all, and obey all the commandments we have been given, and repent when we do not, we will see blessings, no matter what our circumstances may be.

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment