Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy T-day, foo!

So Thanksgiving has come and gone. I feel a few pounds heavier.

This week we had a somewhat amusing setback with our baptismal candidate, Kailee, who is 10. Due to the holiday weekend, we weren't sure that her baptism would be very well attended, but we were going to try and go through with it. Well, the day we were supposed to interview her, turns out she wasn't home, she was at her grandma's house. Well, we talk to the Bishop, and he asks us to hold off a bit so we could be better prepared for the baptism. The next day, Kailee calls us to let us know she's home from her Grandma's house, and we tell her that her baptism is going to be postponed a week. About an hour later, we get a call from her mother saying that Kailee is very upset and distraught that she wasn't able to be baptized that day, and had locked herself in her room and refused to come out. So we went over there to see what we could do. Upon arriving, Kailee had hung on her front door a note that read

"Go Away
I don't want to see anyone
No baptism today
I'm sad, mad, DISAPPOINTED!
by: Kailee"

We talked with her and helped her to understand it wasn't her fault or her mothers that she was being baptized a week later. It seemed to do the trick. But, one thing it did help with, is alleviate the fear that her mother had that she wasn't ready to be baptized. God really does work in some mysterious ways.

In more temporal news, I've had some problems with my right knee. Well, I've always had problems with my right knee, but they seemed to get worse after I got hit by that car. Then it seemed to be ok, but then I played football. Yeah, probably not the best choice. So sometime in the next week or so, I'm going to be taking a roadtrip down to Fresno to get my knee x-rayed and meet with a doctor. I'll let everyone know how it goes.

I also found out that Elder Harper and I will be spending another transfer together! Yay! It will make him my longest companion I've had on my mission by 3 days!

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment