Monday, July 25, 2011

Bring on the heat!

It's been a late summer so far here in Fresno. We've even seen rain a couple of times in June. But that's all coming to a close, as the projected average high for this week in Fresno is 103. This wouldn't be so bad, if they didn't pull our car last wednesday. Now, I've spent the last year and a half of my mission on a bike, inlcuding last summer, so bike ridding is nothing new for me. But our area is roughly 120 square miles or so, with houses and people spread out between most of it. We've been promised a car, we just have no idea when that will be. But the lord will not let us suffer in vain, and I can't wait to see the blessings that he brings our way.

So far things have been going well. We've really been pouring over the the area, and what we can do to improve it, and things look promising. It wont be without work on our part, but I'm not afraid to get my hands dirty, so to speak. It has been a little bit of a shift going from somebody like Elder Seumanu to Elder Broadhead, as they're virtually different in every way, but things are picking up.

Today we have an odd opportunity to watch the Movie "Forever Strong". Our mission president wants us to watch that movie, as well as all of the Extra Features, so we can better come to know President Gelwix, who gets here next week. It should be quite interesting, but I'm certainly not complaining about having the opportunity to watch a movie not on christmas.

That's about all I have to report on right now, but I promise more next week!

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment