Tuesday, April 13, 2010

This will be short. . .

Another week, and another baptism... sort of... the details are much too messy to get into, but I'm counting it as mine anyway. Josh Forsberg finally got baptized! And this coming Sunday he will be confirmed a member of the Church by my companion.

Life here in Salida has been interesting so far. People are generally uncooperative and disinterested, but I've come up with some witty and though provoking responses for those people. Some of my favorite questions to ask were asked by Jesus himself, so that makes it fun, especially when people don't recognize it. One of my biggest pet peeves is when people say they believe things they're really not supposed to believe yet. Like when you ask them if they know that they can be together for eternity with their family and they say "yes, I believe that" Then you ask "how?" and they'll think and rattle off primary answers like "be a good person, go to church, that kind of stuff". Then we try to share that the sealing power has been restored to the earth, and that's usually when they say they're not interested. Drives me nuts!

Other than that, not much is new. Elder Sheppard only has a week and a half left to go on his mission, and its stressing him out! Stressed out Samoans are fun! Thanks for your letters and support,

I love you all

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment