Monday, June 6, 2011

What an odd arrangement of people

Riverside ward has some characters. In a good way. I don't know if I've seen such a spread of different types of people in one ward. I'll just use our Ward Mission Leader as an example, because he's the one most likely to find my blog without me telling him about it. Brother Honeycutt is a Computer Programmer (that should say enough, right?), a Father of 3, highly intelligent, and moderately OCD. It is quite the combination, but he keeps us working hard, and he does a great job. What more could you ask for? When we set up chairs in the overflow for Sunday, each row has to be two feet (as in your feet, not 12 inches feet) apart, in straight rows. The hymnals have to be staggered every other chair, face up, with the Title facing towards the back of the room. Never staple a paper diagonally. Don't leave things on the floor. Its really a lot of fun.

We've seen a lot of sucess this last week. Well, it's a lot of sucess for me, seeing as my last two areas weren't so productive, but in all honesty, it's an average week here. I'm loving it. We could use more people to teach, we could always use more people to teach, but I'll take what we do have. This last Sunday, in church, I listened to Brother Honeycutt and another brother discuss something out of the Bible. Both of them knew a lot about what they were talking about, and in that instant, I decided I want to know these things about the gospel, about the scriptures. I want to know, well, everything, but I know that certainly isn't going to come in this life, so I want to know all that I can know. Which leaves a tricky balance of deciding what is important to know, and what isn't, because I can't learn it all. But I want to continue to progress, all of my life. I don't ever want to fizzle out, or come to a stand still. I'll stop learning when the Lord stops giving me new things to learn. Until then, it's full speed ahead.
I love and miss you all!

-- Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment