Monday, May 16, 2011

The winds of change. . .

...smell funny.

So let me tell you all about my new area, with my new companion!

First, my new companion!
Elder Seumanu (Wvc, Utah, but originally Compton, CA) is Samoan. My Second Samoan companion! He's pretty chill. He doesn't sweat the small stuff, but he doesn't waste the Lords time. He's a very hard worker, and he is hilarious! I don't quite recall how many Brothers and Sisters he originally had, but his Dad adopted his Aunt and Uncles 11 children from Samoa, so he's got a lot of "brothers and sisters". We're in for a very good transfer. We're also in for a good transfer, because Elder Seumanu has a hurt shoulder, and can't ride a bike. So, because of that, we have a car, with practically unlimited miles. And guess who got to drive for the first time in over a year! YEEEAAAAHHHH. That was pretty awesome. I mean, its an 08 Malibu that gets horrible gas mileage, but it's a car! It was great.

As far as the area goes, it's pretty great too! The Riverside ward used to be the largest biking area in the mission, but luckily, we have a car now. The ward is great, I felt as if I had a pretty warm welcome. Elder Seumanu was telling me that theres quite a bit of member trust in the missionaries here, because the missionaries who have been in this area have been more "real" so to speak. And after meeting the investigators here, I can see why it needs to be that way. Anyway, I'm expecting a lot of miracles, and I can't wait to everyone about them!

I love and miss you all! And it was GREAT to hear from my family! I loved it.

Elder Keenan Monnett

1 comment:

  1. The winds of change only smell funny to those downwind ... though it could just be swirling eddies.

    ReplyDelete