Monday, June 6, 2011

Closer to home than from it

And with that, comes an increasingly noticeable drop in letters. In fact, I think I hit an all time low this month, with 1 letter in 4 weeks (Props go to Whitney Stankosky). I'm not entirely upset by this. It's to be expected as mission life goes on. People just kind of forget about you, but it happens. Now, If I couldn't email, then yeah, I would be freaking out, but alas, such is not the case, so no reason to fear.

I think I need to start giving some forward thought to what I'm going to say in these weekly emails, because it comes time to write them, and I have no idea what to say, because honestly, between this week and last week, not much has changed, except for the date. My companion and I didn't feel like we worked incredibly hard this week, but then as we turned in our numbers, we realized that we did do quite a lot, and taught about 20 lessons between less actives, recent converts, and investigators. Which means one of two things. Either I've gotten so used to the work that it simply doesn't feel difficult any longer, or what everyone has always told me is a lie, and it doesn't matter how hard I work, I'll still get by. Hmm, what is heavenly father trying to teach me....

But, after a perilous week of dealing with crazy missionaries, missing out on weddings, and Mafia Princess's, I'm ready to enjoy some nice Memorial Day BBQ on my P-day.

I love and Miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment