Monday, January 2, 2012

A lisence... a lisence to drive!!

Thats what I spent an hour and half doing at the DMV this morning. Let me tell you, DMV's are so much fun! Definitely somewhere I would go to hang out. Not. We got there and the line was out the door. Luckily I had an appointment. Took and almost frighteningly easy written test, and that was it. Only took an hour of waiting for 15 minutes of actual doing something.

This last week we finally mangaged to see Kaylie baptized! It was something special for sure. I think it was the first church activity that her mother has been to since she was baptized almost 20 years ago. Now we just need to get her to go to church.

I'll tell you one thing right now, it is very easy to become prideful as a missionary. As missionaries, obviously our number one focus and concern in life is missionary work. We become very good at it, and we know and recognize everything that it takes to make a good member missionary. It becomes very easy to point out all the flaws that a ward has in its missionary work. What we tend to forget as missionaries is that these people aren't stupid. They know what makes a good member missionary too, but they're trying to juggle it with a Spouse, kids, work, financial troubles, car problems, house problems, other church callings. The list is endless. Theres a wall of inexperience that I can't see past, same as when I was a teenager looking at Adults. All I can do is understand that these are people most likely doing the best they can, and be gentle in my urges to cry repentance.

On a somewhat smaller note, I've noticed theres one thing that my missionary brain cannot seem to retain, and that is names. People I've known for years I have to strain for several minutes to remember a name. I couldn't remember any classes I took my Sophmore year of highschool for almost an entire day of thinking about it. So If I come home, and can't remember you name, just remember that I haven't forgotten you, just your identification.

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment