Monday, July 25, 2011

Goodbye Sister Monnett!

That's right, in just a couple of days, my sister mission officially comes to an end, and the sister missionary in me heads home. I'll have to burn a pair of pantyhose or something....

On July 6th, I will have been on a mission for exactly 18 months. I can't believe its gone by as fast as it has, but I do believe that I have said that almost every time I've emailed home and talked about time passing. It definitely means that you can't take any of it for granted. Don't neglect it, don't get too attached. I honestly don't think I'll be one of those missionaries that does not want to go home. I love the mission, and I love the work. I would never want to go home even the slightest bit early, and I would extend if it were asked of me, but I also love my family. It will be sad to leave, but happy, as well.

Happy 4th of July everyone. I hope everyone has or is enjoying the celebration of our Independence day, and I hope that you understand what it truly means to be free, and to celebrate that freedom. There's a great video called "The Freedom Too" that talks about how we should not simply be grateful for our freedom from things, but of our freedom to do things. the video is here, and I think it will help everyone to realize how much they have, and what their freedom means.

The work is progressing slowly, but I trust that it will be coming along. Our new mission president is here and all settled in now. We get to meet him on wednesday. I'm personally excited to see how it goes. I think he'll do a lot of good, and I can't wait to work with him.

Until next time, I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment