Sunday, September 25, 2011

The Tossing of the Chickens

Chicken Tossing was pretty much awesome! I tell you there are few things more exciting than tossing a crate filled with 100 chicks, and then as they're recovering from the throw, tossing 100 more on top of them. We had some fun. Now, nobody needs to go feeling bad for these chicks. Because they're sold to whole foods, they need to be treated humanely. These Chickens will have playgrounds, flowers for decoration, and an outside recreation area. All so people can cook them and eat them, knowing that the chicken their eating lived a happy and full life. I would include pictures, except my memory card reader no longer wants to work, and using my camera is uber slow. And sad to say, I didn't get any pictures of me Juggling the chicks, which was pretty awesome.

I feel like this area contains some of the flakiest investigators I've ever had in my mission. It seems like almost everyone we go to stop by is busy doing something or other, even when we had set appointments. And other investigators wont commit to any specific appointment, but tell us we can only stop by on one certain day of the week, and that they may or may not be available that day, we just have to stop by and find out. Its incredibly frustrating, as some of these people we drive 15-20 minutes just to get to their house. However, I don't get the privilege of choosing my situation, just taking what the lord gives to me and doing to the best of my ability. Luckily, he's usually pretty good at determining what is best for me, and what isn't. All I have to do is listen.

It really comes down to an analogy that Bishop Meyers, the Bishop of Caruthers Ward, likes to give. Sometimes in missionary work we're an Ammon, and sometimes we're and Aaron. Ammon was given quite good fortune; found many opportunities for service, was given a place to live and even offered a princess to wife (which he denied). He performed miracles, and converted thousands. Aaron, on the other hand, was almost immediately thrown into prison, and treated horribly for a long time before Ammon could come and free him. Both were great men, and both preformed the tasks that were given them to the best of their ability. Sometimes we get put in cruddy situations, but that isn't what determines how succesful, happy, or even godlike that we are. Its what we do with the things that we are given.

I love and miss you all!

-- Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment