Thursday, September 1, 2011

Aaaand We're back!!

So, back to a Normal email day.

I realized as I was laying in bed last Monday that I didn't mention anything at all about my new companion. How rude of me. My new companion is Elder Oscar Travis Moore (Rigby, ID), and he is pretty legit. We've been working the area up and down and have been seeing a lot of success for our efforts.

Just the other day, President Gelwix decided to make a surprise visit to our apartment, where he corrected us seemingly with a Sword. It was painful, and I didn't feel that a lot of it was deserved. But we started focusing on the things he suggested improving, and what do you know, we saw miracles! In 1st Nephi 2:16 it says 16And it came to pass that I, Nephi, being exceedingly young, nevertheless being large in stature, and also having great desires to know of the amysteries of God, wherefore, I did cry unto the Lord; and behold he did bvisit me, and did csoften my heart that I did dbelieve all the words which had been spoken by my efather; wherefore, I did not frebel against him like unto my brothers.

It shows us that Nephi didn't simply believe everything Lehi said from the start, and it may have been hard for him, but he humbled himself and did what he needed to to find out if it was true. Something that Laman and Lemuel never did. Sometimes, the lord may ask us to do things, through the spirit, or our bishops, or other leaders we might have, and we don't think it is right. It doesn't seem like the most effective thing we could be doing, but when we listen, we see the blessings that obedience brings. So listen to the lord, he will always bless you!

I love and miss you all.

-- Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment