Thursday, September 1, 2011

Weeding out the Tares

What a week it has been. Where should I begin?

Earlier this week, we decided to go by the house of an inactive member. She was put on a list of people that nobody in the ward knew, and after making plans about 6 times to go see her, my companion and I actually did. Turns out, she's a recent convert. She lived her whole life in Madera, met the missionaries and was baptized. Unfortunately her health took a turn for the worse, and she could no longer live alone. She moved in with her mother, here in Fresno, but she had no way of getting in contact with the Ward here. She had no numbers to call, didn't know much of how the church organization worked, and had no way of getting to church. We knocked on her door, and met her for the first time, and made her day! She was afraid that she wasn't going to ever get to see the church again. It was awesome to be that ray of sunlight in somebodies life.

On Wednesday, we had the chance to go up to the Vineyard with the young men to weed out our rows in order to make picking in a couple weeks a little easier. And that went pretty well (might have gone even better, had it not been for the Deacons....) We had to drop off our weeding clothes at the church, cause we weren't going to have time to go back to the apartment to change before hand. Well, we wanted to keep our clothes in the library cause it was the only room that was locked, so as we went in to change, we decided just to change in the library. As we were changing, I jokingly said to Elder Moore "how bad would it be if somebody walked in here while we were changing?". I told him that I would totally write home about it if the Relief Society President walked in on us. 3 minutes later, we heard the door lock click, and the Relief Society President tried to walk in the door. And now here I am writing home about it. Fortunately, there was a nearby counter for me to dive behind, and my companion, who was dressed, threw himself in front of the door. Gooood times.

The work here continues to roll along. Miracles abound. We have a senior missionary couple who was assigned to our area as "Member Support" missionaries. Looks like the have a senior couple assignment for just about everything nowadays. They are Elder and Sister Jones (Littleton, CO), and they're pretty much amazing. Its like having your grandparents working in the area with you. They spoil you, and give you rides places, and want to do everything they can for you. I hope I don't get fat. Oh, hopefully I wont, cause I started running 2 miles every other day. Go me!

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment