Monday, June 6, 2011

Oh its a blustery blustery day, its a blustery blustery day....

...Its a blustery day all the world...

I have given up all hopes in calling any sort of California weather "Normal" or "strange" Because so far, the weather this year has been nothing like the weather last year, which, from what I was told, was nothing like the weather the year before that. Yesterday and today have been stormy, with highs in the low 70's. Which is actually very exciting. I haven't seen a storm in a year.

Last monday I had the chance to go to a Samoan memorial day BBQ. I was the only white boy there! But we had a lot of fun, eating Samoan food, playing the Ukulele and singing songs. I never thought that Fresno would be a place where I was surrounded by the Samoan culture. We also have a baptism, as well as transfer calls, coming up on saturday! Exciting and terrifiying. Elder Seumanu and I both have a feeling that he is being transferred, which is pretty depressing. I'm tired of switching through companions so fast. But We'll make the best of any situation.

As we where meeting with an investigator who was preparing to be baptized, we decided to bring up a subject that we believed she would have difficulty with. It was a commandment that we where pretty sure she wasn't living, and one we thought would be a make it or break it subject with her. But as we brought it up, she was well aware of it, and had already decided to live it before we even taught it to her. Shame on me for doubting her true conversion. Its just so amazing to see such a change in people, so fast. I can't imagine how selfish it would have been for me to choose not to come on a mission, even though I was worthy to, to help people make this change. I've been told the most important news that anyway could possibly hear. More important than the next election, more important than a cure for a malicious diasease, more important than ending world hunger. Its more than just a choice, or a priveledge I have to be on a mission, but a obligation, and a duty. And one that I love doing.

I love and miss you all!

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment