Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Back to Modest Modesto

So transfers came and went, and I think I completely forgot to really tell anyone about it. So I am now back up in Modesto! Modesto 2nd ward this time, which is in a different Stake than the one I was previously in in Modesto. My companion is Elder Harper (Cadiz, Kentucky/Atlanta, Georgia), and he is pretty much awesome. I live in the super ghetto of Modesto, and I love it. This ward is quite unlike anything I'd ever seen before. Half of our investigators are on probation, and can't be baptized until they receive first presidency approval, or their probation ends. Its a unique group, but I love em. Which is something I've been studying a lot about lately; Charity.

I was pretty intimidated when I first got here, after seeing more than a few people break down and cry because Elder Julian left. After making a comment to my companion that it seemed like I had some big shoes to fill, he commented "yeah, you do". Yikes. Intimidating. After wallowing in self pity for a while, I decided to suck it up and and figure out what I could do, and I decided the best course of action was simply to love the people and serve them to the best of my ability and let that be it. If I just give all that I can, what more can people ask of me? So that's what I did, and It has been working wonderfully since. I would encourage everyone to pray for that charity in their life, towards everyone. I think you'll find it makes you much more happy and loved person. Thats about all I have time for! I

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment