Monday, March 1, 2010

Exchanged, exchanges!

The work continues! So far Turlock (or Turdlock, as it's been so graciously nicknamed) has been wonderful. Despite the faint whifts of cow pies and the thousands of bee's on the outskirts of town, I've enjoyed it here.

Honestly, when you hear about California, the first thing you usually think of is palm trees and beaches, but that's a very small part of California. No, the place where I currently reside has the Largest Cheese Factory in the world, and produces 90% of the worlds almonds. In other words, farmlands. Lots and Lots and Lots of farmlands. More than I've ever seen in one place actually. So many dairy's....

Anyway, so as far as the work goes, I had the pleasure of going on an exchange the other day, which is something Trainee's (since we're not supposed to say greenies) don't usually do. But since my companion is the District leader, it was something deemed as neccesary.

So I went on an exchange with Elder Bowman, who is from Oregon. I had absolutely nothing against elder Bowman, other than the fact that he's a spanish missionary. So the 3 lessons that I taught with him (I use the word "taught" loosely) where all in spanish, and I didn't understand a single word. Fun times. But I'm happy to be back in my own area. But with that happiness comes nervousness. Transfer calls happen this Saturday, and I'll find out if I'm staying in this area who's people I have come to love, or heading out to some new mysterious Area, with a companion I know nothing about. The thought scares me a bit. But what's a missionary if you can't adapt to new situations? I'm sure I'll survive.

So, random fact of the day. I discovered the other day that I'm much more natural with Children than I am with adults. I wonder if that should worry me.... Oh well.

I love you all

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment