Monday, February 22, 2010

And the green grass grows all around. . .

Apparently I'm stressed!

You would think I would know for certain if I was stressed or not. But apparently I don't. I don't feel stressed out at all. Yeah I'm always busy, but it rarely feels overwhelming. But apparently my body feels differently, as every time I look in a mirror they're new zits for poppin, and every time one of my mouth sores closes, another one opens. But despite the apparent miscommunication between my brain and my body, the work goes forth.

This week was a good week. We found a lot of new people that the lord has humbled enough to hear our words. A lot of people are so willing to listen, it's amazing. It is truly important to remain humble before the lord. To often we get caught up in quite the pride cycle. Which looks a little like this: (I hope this translates well...)



This is a cycle that you see repeat itself over and over again in the scriptures, and in life today. It is so important to never let yourself fall into this cycle. The only way to truly prevent this from happening is to show your gratitude. If you understand that nothing you have has truly come from your strength alone, and you recognize the Lord's hand in all your blessings, and thank him for those, you will prevent yourself from becoming prideful, and eliminate half the cycle. If we all truly did this, we would never have any trouble. We would recognize the Lord in all things, and although it wouldn't eliminate trials, they would be so much easier to bear.

I invite all of you to do your best to show your gratitude to the Lord and to each other. Swallow your pride, and realize that nothing you have is because of your own efforts. Pray and thank him for EVERYTHING!

I love you all

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment