Tuesday, January 12, 2010

MTC- Day 5

So, Day 5 at the MTC and it has been quite an amazing experience so far. It truly is amazing how much my testimony has grown just in these last few days alone! The MTC grounds are a place where the spirit is constantly residing. So, I'm special here at the MTC, in that instead of just one companion, I get two! It can make things pretty complicated, when you want to go somewhere you have to have all 3 of you go at the same time. But I imagine it will be a pretty good learning experience for later in the field. My companions are Elder Anderson, and Elder Dicky (I'll send some pictures home when I have the chance.)

So they feed you here, ALL THE TIME. No joke, the food is delicious, and you can have as much as you want. I've been cutting myself back down to one plate a meal as of recently. See, I've started working out for the first time in months, and I don't want to counteract all that muscleness with fat.

So my district is probably the coolest district to ever roam the halls of this wonderful institute, and I was made District Leader over them! I was pretty shocked when I found out, but its been a pretty good learning experience so far. Its amazing how much more in tune I am with spiritual things since ariving here. Even just singing hymns sometimes I have to choke back tears. In a manly way of course. I've joined the choir here, and on tuesday we're going to be singing "Jesus, once of humble birth" for all the other MTC's.

We had an MTC fireside last night, and the MTC Director spoke to us. I am partially certain it was broadcasted on BYU tv. So on Sunday and Tuesday nights, look for MTC broadcasts on. I may be singing in one of them if Elder Nielson and I have our way.

Last night I had the oppurotunity to watch the Joseph Smith film again. If any of you haven't seen it, I implore you to find a temple or visitors center now an watch it! Theres a qoute at the end, and this isn't verbatim, but it says "Joseph Smith lived and died for this work, and now is being spread all over the world. Should we not go on with such a great work?" I am now part of that work. Nothing has hit me so hard before. I have never been more proud of any work I've ever done than what I'm doing now. The good kind of pride that is. For the last three years I've been doing the same thing, wondering if I living the way I should. But here, there is no question, I know I am exactly where I am supposed to be.

Write ME!

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment