Monday, January 18, 2010

MTC- Week 2

Has it really only been a week since my last letter? That shocks me, in that it both seems like it was only a few days a go, while at the same time seeming like it was months ago. That's the weird way that time works here at the MTC. As of tomorrow, my district will be the senior district in my zone. That seems crazy to me, though I guess I'm only here for 3 weeks total...

So, The other day my district had the opportunity to work in the Referral Center, or the RC. Ever wondered who you're calling when you call those numbers on the back of Mormon pass-a-long cards, or Mormon TV Ads? You're calling the RC! Where many young missionaries are working hard to answer your calls and help you with your needs. We where working on calling people back to confirm deliveries of things like movies and DVD's. You get a fair share of people who seem to not like you... its crazy! But I suppose that's life, and how it will definitely be when I'm out in the field.

On Wednesday we'll get the opportunity to be hosts to newcomer missionaries. Normally this invitation isn't extended to English speaking missionaries, but I'm pretty tight with Brother Jarman, the head of hiring services here at the MTC, so he pulled some strings for us. So I'll be bringing in new missionaries who are scared out of their minds, sort of like I was just a few weeks ago.

So I'm happy to say that I haven't gained any weight yet. Haven't lost any, but I'm still counting it as a win.

On a completely different note, the spirit here is simply amazing. I have nothing to compare to, because it blows everything else out of the water. We get the chance to go to the temple once a week, and that is amazing too! It is simply wonderful how much love our Heavenly Father has for us, and how much he blesses us, even though we truly don't deserve it. I simply cannot wait to go out to the field to help people understand that.

Until next time,
Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment