Friday, February 11, 2011

What's Your Conversion Story?

Today we had the opportunity to go to the temple. It was amazing! I wish we could go more often than we do, but you certainly can feel a palpable difference when you haven't gone in a few months. Now I can't wait for the next 4 1/2 months to go by, so I can go again!

I wanted to ask everyone who reads this email for their conversion story. Everybody has one. I heard it once said that "a conversion story doesn't come from joining the church passed the age of 9. A conversion is a series of events and feelings that brought you to know the truthfulness of the Gospel, and comes to members and non-members alike." We each have our own conversion stories, and I want to hear yours. So, Mom, Sandy, Dad, Tina, Val, Richard, Claire, Tyler, Ben, Lauren, Chris, and Haley, and all others who are reading this email, I expect an email waiting for me this coming Monday from all of you, telling me how you came to know the truthfulness of the gospel. A conversion story is a powerful thing, and testimonies can be strengthened by both sharing them, and hearing them. I look forward to hearing all of these stories, and learning what they can do to strengthen my Testimony. Thank you, and I love and miss you all!

P.S. Sandy, if you could ask your Mother for the same story, and Dad if you could ask Grandma and Grandpa Monnett for it... Thanks!

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment