Friday, February 11, 2011

Respect your Elders (and feed them too!)

Another week, and the blessings keep coming. Elder Robb and I are continuing to take the missionfield by storm. I really am blessed to have such and awesome companion. So exciting changes have been happening. Last sunday, our bishopric in the Fig Garden ward was reorginized, and this last sunday, our stake presidency was reorginized, so everything is new! Another exciting thing about our Stake Conference, was that it was broadcasted, so we got to hear from President Packer, and President Eyering, and they both had some wonderful things to say. President Eyering spoke about Prophets, and how they are still mortal, still fallible, still subject to human emotions, and that we need to recognize that, while still understanding that they are called of God to stand over us, and guide us, and we need to follow them no matter what imperfections that we may percieve. This really hit home for me, as I haven't always been as patient with my leaders as I should be. They are still called of God to stand over me, and to help me and guide me, and that blessings will come from obedience to their instruction, no matter how imperfect they may be. This applies to almost everything in our life, but especially in the church. You may think that your bishop is the biggest idiot in the world, but he has been called of our heavenly father to lead you, so suck it up, and do what he says, because God will bless you for it.
That's all the time I have this week, until next!
I love and miss you all!


Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment