Friday, February 11, 2011

Working in the Lord's Vinyard

This last week things have been getting progressively better. The ward is healing, and the Sannar Family is possibly the strongest family that I have ever seen. We've been able to visit a lot of people in the Ward this last week, and there isn't a single person I've talked to who's life hasn't been changed in some way for the better by the events that took place last Sunday. I think back, in Doctrine and Covenants when the Lord tells us it was necessary for Joseph Smith to seal his testimony with his blood. To go out the way he did. I can't help but feel that in his pre-mortal existence, Bishop Sannar volunteered for this.

Bishop Sannar's funeral was last Friday, and we all learned a little more about the man who was Clay Sannar. I know that after learning the way that he lived his life, and how much of a selfless person that he was, I've never been more motivated to do better in my life, and in my callings. I've talked to several families who say that they have worked hard to improve the quality of their lives this last week. Bishop Sannar has touched the lives of countless people in both life and death.

This last Saturday, I had the opportunity to work in the Lord's vineyard.... literately... The church owns a grape vineyard in Fresno, that all of the members in the area have the chance to go and pick. Once the grapes are picked, they are laid on the ground to dry, and turn into raisins, that then are packaged and sent to the Bishop's storehouse to be used by needy families. The last thing that the Ward heard Bishop Sannar bear testimony of, was of how important this work is. Needless to say, there was a very large turnout, and we were able to pick 2 rows (about a quarter mile long each) in under 2 hours. It was amazing to go out and work like that, and even more so to be able to help those in need. So if any of you are eating any Deseret Industries raisins, look on the back where it says where they were packaged, and think of me.

Until next week, I love you all! (and even past next week....)
Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment