Monday, February 21, 2011

Sanger!

Here I am, sitting in the small town of Sanger, which is just east of Fresno, emailing home. It has been an odd series of events that have led up to this moment, and I'll cover some of them now. When I had my interview with president, he informed that I would be transferring to Sanger, living with the zone leaders, and covering English work. I'm glad that he told me that, because if he hadn't, I wouldn't have found out till I got to Sanger. For some reason or another, these transfers have been horribly unorganized. One missionary didn't even know that he was going to be a District Leader until the day he was supposed to start.

Currently I am living with the Zone Leaders, who cover the spanish work in Sanger, with my companion, Elder Giesey (Florence, Kentucky). Sanger is quite a small town, and the population is largely Hispanic. The only large Grocery store in town is Super Walmart. The Zone leaders speak spanish, and my companion speaks spanish, so needless to say, soy aprendiendo espanol. The ward has a spanish group, instead of a spanish branch, so that means that the spanish speakers, and english speakers, meet together, and the meetings are translated into spanish. In fact, our Elders quorom meeting was all in spanish... I didn't get much out of it....

But, It's a good town. It sits far enough east of fresno that the Sierra-Nevada's aren't blocked as much by smog, so that's a beautiful sight, and there's a lot of nice country that we ride through around Sanger. Overall, I'd say its a nice town, and that I made out pretty well.

I love and miss you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment