Friday, February 11, 2011

Trip from Portland, OR to Oak Harbor, WA

I put a "T" in the subject bar, and that subject heading popped up, so I used it. I'm still in California, were I'll remain.

The work continues here in Visalia, California!

One thing I've learned from constantly switching between wards, is that no 2 wards are alike. Every single one does things differently. Of course, that's how it should be, because every single ward has different people, and things that work for one may not work for another. Its just odd to get used to.

My companero and I were able to see a wonderful miracle the other day. Out of the blue we were called up by someone, who left a message asking if he could meet with us, and learn more about our church. As a missionary, of course I said YES! We called him back, and set up an appointment for that night! When we met with him, he told us that situations had arisen that required him to learn if this church really was true or not. After teaching him a first lesson, he told us that it all "made sense", and that he wanted to start meeting with us... EVERY OTHER DAY! I've never seen so much determination to learn the truth from someone who had barely just been introduced into the church. It was pretty exciting, and faith strengthening.

I had an interesting experience this last week. I had an opportunity to hear Glen Beck's conversion story. During his conversion process, he talks about how everywhere he looked in the scriptures, he just kept seeing 'Prove Me'. Reasoning with himself that if he did what the scriptures said, and the promises that were given were not kept, then he could prove the scriptures wrong. Though its a tool that I've used a lot as a missionary, I've never thought of it in that light before. How can we prove that the scriptures are true? We can live them. If anyone is struggling with knowing if this is true or not, then live it. There is not a single promise given in any of the scriptures or by any of God's servants that you will not see blessings from following. And when you see those blessings, you can then know for a surety that those scriptures are true. That is how you prove that the scriptures are correct, and that God does, in fact, exist, and loves us.

I love and miss you all. My mail box is feeling lonely......
Elder Keenan Monnett
1814 N Echo Ave
Fresno, Ca 93704

No comments:

Post a Comment