Friday, February 11, 2011

Last Week's Email-Sorry!

Sorry for lack of email last week, all 6 of you that read this, But now I'm back! And what an eventful couple weeks it has been. Elder Openshaw went home this tuesday, and I'm a little relieved. Nothing against Elder Openshaw, he's much more motivated than I was when I was 17, but I feel like I am far from ready to train somebody to be a missionary. But now he's home, and I have Elder Terry! So a Monnett and a Terry are again living under the same roof. Something more, Elder Terry is a spanish Missionary! So we have started teaching spanish speaking investigators, and I've started learning spanish! For real this time! Our rule in our apartment is that we have to pray in spanish. Its tough, but I'm getting it.


I know I make at least one reference to this every time I email home, but man is time going fast! All of my friends are leaving on missions. Some are getting HOME from missions! Half of my friends will be married by the time I get back!


So on one final note, I will share a scripture, one that someone shared with me that I really like (enough that it's now written on the back of my planner) "Trust in the lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. "In all ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." Proverbs 3:5-6. No matter what our situation in life, Rich or Poor, sick or healthy, weak or strong, if we place our trust in the lord, we will never be lost spritually. But if we try to reason for ourselves, if we start to follow our own desires instead of what God desires for us, we will be lost. We will be stuck in the middle of a large, unfamiliar city without a map, and it will be impossible for us to make it home, unless we humble ourselves and come unto Christ.


I love and Miss you all,

Elder Keenan Monnett


P.S. Shoutouts go out to my friend Elder Nathan Johnson, who just entered the MTC on his way to Korea! And also to his sister Sister Morgan Johnson, who is spreading the Gospel in Halifax, Canada! Pray for them, and write them!


No comments:

Post a Comment