Friday, February 11, 2011

Another transfer....

So, another transfer has come to an end. And I have since found out that I will be in Visalia 2nd ward for another Transfer with Elder Robertson! This will make Elder Robertson the longest companion I have had so far. Of course, this will be short lived, because Elder Robertson goes home in 6 weeks.

Obviously, my learning of Spanish has come to a hault because of me losing mi companero de espanol. But this transfer I have actually learned a lot about cars and mechanical work. It does help that for some service, we're helping a family in the ward replace their 50cc engine on their moped with a 200cc engine... A little overkill, but it will still be a blast.

A good friend of mine shared with me a scripture that they said really helped them to know that the Church is true. It can be found in Doctrine and Covenants 6:21, 36-37:

"Behold, I am Jesus Christ, the Son of God. I am the same that came unto mine own, and mine own received me not. I am the light which shineth in darkness, and the darkness comprehendeth it not."

"Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not. Behold the wounds which pierced my side, and also the prints of the nails in my hands and feet; be faithful, keep my commandments, and ye shall inherit the kingdom of heaven. Amen."

How wonderful is that? He gives us a commandment that we are to look to him in EVERY thought. If we constantly think of the savior, we will never sin, we will never do evil. We make a promise every Sunday that we will always remember him. When we do that, we will not doubt, or fear, and we will inherit the kingdom of heaven. Of which there is no greater reward.

I love you all!

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment