Friday, February 11, 2011

The Lord's Work

I am currently companionless... again.

When departing missionaries leave, they leave to the mission office the day before transfers. So the companion of that missionary has to stick around with another missionaries until transfers happen, so he can get a new companion. Well because of an exciting call that came my way on Saturday, I'm not going to have a new companion until thursday...

...because I'm training....

I should probably be more grateful than I am, and I'm not saying I'm not. Being a trainer means that President Gonzalez has a lot of trust in you, and great expectations. So on Thursday, I get to pick up a missionary straight from the MTC. The kind of missionary that I still feel like sometimes. I know the Lord isn't going to ask me to do anything I can't do, but that doesn't stop me from feeling some anxiety. Things will go great though, I'm sure, and I will do everything I can to show this missionary the hard work and dedication it takes to be one of the lords servants here in the California Fresno Mission.

So, obviously, exciting things are happening, on top of more exciting things. Magen Root was just baptized this last Sunday, which is a miracle in itself seeing as she was an investigator for about 7 months. A suiting parting gift for Elder Robertson. I can imagine its going to be a little
rough for my next companion, seeing as the missionary that was here just before him was here for 10 months. It will be interesting to see how they adjust to having a different Elder there. We will find out, and I will give all of you the treat of telling how my first week of training a new missionary goes next week.

I love and miss you all...

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment