Friday, February 11, 2011

Yosemite National Park

First of all, I'd like to apologize to everyone for missing emailing last week! Cause I know you were just hanging on the edge of your seat waiting for it. I will now explain why I missed it:


Last Monday we took a trip to Yosemite National Park. And MY GOODNESS that park is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Very few times have I ever been truly blown away by nature, but Yosemite tops everything else that I've seen. We did a few different hikes, and climbed as close to a waterfall as we could while still being able to see where we were going. We got absolutely soaked, but it was amazing! And I was told by a former Professional Soccer player that I was in good shape. I took it as quite the complement. Unfortunately we didn't plan very well, and didn't make it back in time to email (let alone do any other preparation day things) so that is why there was no email. Sorry, but it was worth it.


Other than my new companion, Elder Terry, things have been pretty quiet since then. Elder Terry is GREAT! He's been an amazing companion. We get along well, and we teach well together. He's from Draper, Utah (My first Utah companion! Of many, I'm sure) and he's a theatre nerd. Haha. We have our fun. Elder Terry was baptized when he was a kid, but was inactive until the time he turned 18. Then he started coming to church, and made the decision to serve a mission. And now he's here, as part of the greatest companionship of northern Cali!


Today we had the opporotunity to go to the Fresno temple, tiny little thing that it is. Man had I missed going to the temple. In the MTC we went every week. In the mission field we go once every 3 transfers, or 4 1/2 months. But as one general authority said: we're here to do work for the living, not for the dead. I love the spirit that is there. That no matter my mood, the temple will always make it better. I feel very blessed that we have a temple in our mission that we are able to attend, as there are many missionaries that don't.


Work in Salida has been slow. But we we've evaluated what we've been doing and what we could be doing better, and we've commited ourselves to baptize! And we've seen an improvement since then. When you set goals prayerfully, and do everything in your power to achieve them, the lord will provide. Alright, that's all the time I have left! Let me know how everyone is doing!


Quote of the week: "You used my scripture!!!!!! oh my goodness... I laughed out loud and giggled and was just super flattered!!!!! [That Is] Amazing!!! ...unless someone else shared that scripture with you, then this email would be awkward."


It is now!


Love you all!

Elder Keenan Monnett

No comments:

Post a Comment